Organizations wishing to host ISWC 2013 should contact SWSA Secretary Dr. Natasha Noy who will work with the SWSA members who are co-ordinating the bidding process for ISWC 2013.
The process comprises two stages. During the first stage, SWSA solicits the statements of interest through an open call. They should be submitted using the statement of interest form. Once the first phase is complete, SWSA will shortlist a number of applications, who will be invited to submit a full proposal, using a standard form and budget template. More information about the ISWC Conference Series and the bidding process for hosting a conference in the series can be found in the ISWC Conference Guide.
The important dates for applying to host a Conference in 2013 are:
- August 1, 2011: Deadline for receiving statements of interest
- September 15, 2011: Notifications to shortlisted bids are sent out
- October 20, 2011: Formal applications received from shortlisted bids
- October 24 or 25, 2011: Presentation of the bid at the SWSA meeting in Bonn, Germany
- October 25, 2011: SWSA decides the location of the 2013 conference