The Journal of Web Semantics seeks submissions for a special issue on Benchmarking Semantic Web Solutions to be edited by Marieke van Erp, Jeff Z. Pan and Zhiyuan Liu.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Submissions due 15th October 2019.
Call for Papers
- Textual Entailment and Knowledge
- Textual entailment
- Fact checking
- Fake news detection
- Argumentation mining
- Knowledge-Guided NLP
- Question answering and reading comprehension
- Dialogue systems
- Information Retrieval
- Recommender systems
- Machine Translation
- Knowledge-Guided Deep Learning
- Complex knowledge-driven Information Extraction tasks e.g., relation extraction, event extraction
- Methods and metrics for evaluation of semantic annotations with respect to ontologies
- Knowledge-driven entity disambiguation and resolution
- Contextual Knowledge Graphs and Language Technology
- Extracting and modelling temporally bounded information
- Dealing with culturally-aware information
- Handling domain specificity of information
- Information Extraction for Knowledge Graphs
- Extraction from unstructured versus semi-structured textual sources (e.g. tables)
- Dealing with the imperfections of Information Extraction techniques in the Semantic Web setting and their impact
- Multi-source or multilingual Information Extraction for ontology population
- Information extraction subtasks (e.g., terminology extraction, relation extraction, coreference resolution) for the Semantic Web
- Methods and metrics for evaluation of Information Extraction for the Semantic Web
- Applications and Architectures
- Knowledge-based Information Extraction for specific domains and applications, e.g. business analytics, healthcare and biomedicine, cultural heritage etc.
- Information Extraction for social media mining
- Scalability of tools and resources
- Platforms and architectures for automatic and semi-automatic semantic annotation
- Tools and methodologies for building and managing complex processing workflows
Types of papers
Research papers describing well-identified scientific contributions which are thoroughly evaluated. Those papers are typically 15-20 pages long.
System and Resource papers that focus on the description of systems or resources relevant to this special issue where the authors fully detail the design, construction, implementation and usage as well as demonstrate its usefulness. Those papers are expected to be 8-10 pages long.
- Call for papers: 15th April 2019
- Submission deadline: 30th September 2019
- Author notification: 17th November 2019
- Publication: Q1 2020
Jeff Z. Pan (http://knowledge-representation.org/j.z.pan/) is a Reader at the University of Aberdeen, where he leads the Knowledge Technology Group and the Lab on Knowledge Engineering and Information Security in Computing Science. His research focuses primarily on knowledge-based learning and reasoning, as well as their applications. He is a key contributor of the W3C OWL (Web Ontology Language) standard. He leads the development of the award-winning TrOWL reasoner, the only ontology reasoner that Oracle Spatial and Graph (from v12) uses via the OWL-DBC database connection. He is an internationally leading expert on Knowledge Graph, being the Chief Editor of the first two books on Knowledge Graph, a new technology that is widely used by world leading IT companies. As the Chief Scientist and Coordinator of the EU Marie-Curie K-Drive project, he coordinated 22 Marie Curie Fellows on Knowledge Graph and Ontology research. He is an Associate Editor of the Journal of Web Semantics (JWS) and the International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS).
Zhiyuan Liu (http://nlp.csai.tsinghua.edu.cn/~lzy), Tsinghua University. Zhiyuan Liu is an associate professor at the Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University. He received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Tsinghua in 2011. His research interests include representation learning, knowledge graphs and social computation, and has published more than 60 papers in top-tier conferences and journals of AI and NLP including ACL, IJCAI and AAAI, cited by more than 3,600 according to Google Scholar. He is the recipient of the Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of Tsinghua University, the Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of CAAI (Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence), and Outstanding Post-Doctoral Fellow at Tsinghua University. He serves as Youth Associate Editor of Frontiers of Computer Science, Area Chairs of ACL, COLING, IJCNLP, etc.
The Journal of Web Semantics solicits original scientific contributions of high quality. Following the overall mission of the journal, we emphasize the publication of papers that combine theories, methods and experiments from different subject areas in order to deliver innovative semantic methods and applications. The publication of large-scale experiments and their analysis is also encouraged to clearly illustrate scenarios and methods that introduce semantics into existing Web interfaces, contents and services.
Submission of your manuscript is welcome provided that it, or any translation of it, has not been copyrighted or published and is not being submitted for publication elsewhere. Manuscripts should be prepared for publication in accordance with instructions given in the JWS guide for authors. The submission and review process will be carried out using Elsevier's Web-based EES system. Please state the name of the SI in your cover letter.
Upon acceptance of an article, the author(s) will be asked to transfer copyright of the article to the publisher. This transfer will ensure the widest possible dissemination of information. Elsevier's liberal preprint policy permits authors and their institutions to host preprints on their web sites. Preprints of the articles will be made freely accessible via JWS First Look. Final copies of accepted publications will appear in print and at Elsevier's archival online server.
- Lora Aroyo, USA
- Yu Deng, US
- Jianfeng Du, China
- Yansong Feng, China
- Xiangnan He, Singapore
- Filip Ilievski, The Netherlands
- Kang Liu, China
- Diana Maynard, United Kingdom
- Axel-Cyrille Ngonga Ngomo, Germany
- Quan Wang, China